Search Lil' Blogger

Wednesday 28 September 2016

Refining my Literature Review

As stated in Reader 7, the literature review to be completed in conjunction with Module 3 "should show your ability to acquire knowledge about the subject areas that are related to your practice, and use 'expert' sources to examine those aspects of your practice that you have used for your inquiry" (Reader 7, 2016). This definition urges me to revise the extensive literature review that I presented in my Module 2 inquiry proposal, and be selective as to what sources I draw knowledge from to launch the main body of my research. From the legislation, case law, websites, articles and books that I have already found; I need to select those which offer the most specific information that is both relevant and beneficial to my inquiry.

I have systematically gone through the literature review I established in Module 2, once again doing a Google search of each source. From there I have placed those which are less specific to my research on the backburner and focused on the 'expert' sources which offer useful ideas and fresh knowledge. These should further enhance my understanding of the subject matter I have chosen to explore and help me to present a well-rounded inquiry which has sufficient critical input.

The following are the main sources which I intend to take forwards and use as support for my research. These will eventually be presented more comprehensively when I come to pulling all the strands that form Module 3 together:   
 
New knowledge/Expert sources:  

I also had a think about further reference points which could prove to be useful should I need to justify certain ethical approaches, or to ensure that I have my facts straight when it comes to existing legislation.

Reference points:  
  • Codes of conduct/practice (for solicitor and dancer) 
  • Legislation/Acts of Parliament (e.g. Unfair Contract Terms Act, 1977; Employment Rights Act, 1996; National Minimum Wage Act, 1998)
I can now use all of these sources as a solid basis for further discussion and as a tool for widening my own understanding, and hopefully the understanding of others, of my topic area.








No comments:

Post a Comment