Search Lil' Blogger

Sunday 30 October 2016

Interview #1

Journal entry written whilst I was on my journey home following my first interview at the Equity HQ...

Feeling quite positive this evening! Finally I've got the ball rolling and held my first interview earlier on today. Prior to the interview, I was getting a bit stagnant with collecting information and was struggling to find fresh ideas to immerse myself in. I was really craving some new information to analyse and get excited about. That's why I am so thrilled with how today went. I'm pleased to have learnt so many new things about Equity itself and how it supports performers in the UK. Today's interview has opened up some new areas for inquiry and some of the ideas that emerged will be fantastic for carrying on into my next 2 interviews with professional dancers...

I was pleased with how well the conversation flowed as I must admit I was a little nervous beforehand because I wanted to make sure that I made the most out of the interview. But the interviewee was really generous with their responses offering a wealth of information for me to go away and analyse further. It was interesting to talk about just how essential Equity is for performers in the UK as well as going deeper into the free legal advice/aid services they offer to their members. 

I am glad to have come away from today having asked so many of the questions that I have struggled to find the answers to from my own secondary research. To try and keep on top of everything, I have transcribed the interview this afternoon (feeling very thankful that my voice recording turned out well) and made a few extra notes to remind myself of some of the avenues I was recommended to explore by the interviewee.    

All in all it was a successful interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment