Search Lil' Blogger

Wednesday 16 November 2016

From Focus Group to Interviews...

After having further discussion with my focus group participants, it has been decided that I will actually be interviewing each participant individually. It has been a real challenge to organise a date/time that suits us all and I appreciate how hectic people's lives can be. There has been a lot of toing and froing to try and get things moving so this just seems like the most efficient option given the time restraints. I am wary of running out of time and not gathering all of the information that I initially intended and so at least this way I can guarantee that I will get to hear from everyone involved in my research.

This morning I have emailed each participant a Word document outlining the overall aim for the interview followed by a set of questions ranging from 10-13. Each set of questions has been slightly personalised to best target the strengths and knowledge of the individual. I hope to hear back in the next few days so that I can analyse the data and incorporate it into my Critical Review.

I am aware that this is a very different format to what my focus group would have been and this change is something that I will consider and discuss in my Critical Review. It is a shame that I cannot use the dynamics of a group discussion to allow conversation and spontaneous questions to develop naturally. However I am pleased to be able to ask each participant direct questions and I am sure that I will be met with some really valuable responses. I will keep you updated as to the development of my inquiry tools!

Image result for email interview

No comments:

Post a Comment