Search Lil' Blogger

Tuesday 29 November 2016

More interviews...

I have finally collected and transcribed all of the data from my interviews. It has been a challenging and lengthy process so I am glad to have completed it. Now it’s time for me to really pick out the key themes that appear throughout my interviews and analyse them further in my Critical Review. I will be putting them into the ‘Analysis of the Findings’ section; a section which I hope to be moving on to by the end of this week following completing my Literature Review/Evaluation section.

On reflection, although a little disappointed at the time, I am aware that a focus group discussion would have put too much on my plate in terms of organisation. Also the process which would have followed, transcribing then analysing, would have also taken up a lot of precious time and I am far more confident with the methods of conducting then analysing individual interviews. I think I would have been quite nervous in a focus group forum and perhaps would not have got the most out of the participants’ expertise. By interviewing them individually I have been able to tailor the questions to their area of expertise and receive clear, honest answers back.


Looking back it was definitely the best decision to alter my inquiry tools. Although quite last minute I have still managed to collect all of the information I need. This development is simply proof of how things can evolve and alter throughout a research process. You have to be prepared to rapidly change tack and ‘go with the flow’. Yes it can be stressful in the moment but you reap the benefits later on. I look forward to presenting the findings from my interviews in my Critical Review!     

Image result for go with the flow

No comments:

Post a Comment