Search Lil' Blogger

Wednesday 16 March 2016

BAPP Task 5a

The first thing I thought about when approaching Task 5a was how do I identify my place of work/professional community which is most familiar, where I can comment on the codes of practice/regulations. As I am not in a full-time job, I find myself in various working environments throughout the week each with their own set of regulations. I thought about which of my working environments would fit best with what I am researching for my professional inquiry. I decided to go with the dance industry as I am very familiar with both training and working within this setting.

Here I am wholly relying on my own thoughts and hopefully my better judgement of the ethics that are taken into consider in the dance industry:

- health and safety of rehearsal/performance space
- mental and physical health of dancer is monitored
- DBS checks are cleared on all those working with dancers
- when working with children, parents consent is needed
- respect to all of those around you
- personal presentation is appropriate at all times
- being aware of those around you and not putting others in compromising positions
- being responsible for warming-up, cooling-down and managing injuries
- no prejudice exists, all who have the ability to dance can


Following this, I have been thinking about what codes of ethics/conduct specifically relate to my chosen inquiry topic; legal aid within the dance sector. If legalities are involved, I would imagine that very specific codes operate in such a setting that brings law and dance together. Consider:

- legal professional privilege (protects communication between legal adviser and their client)
- dancers right to access legal advice/aid
- insurance to cover liability and risks
- contract terms
- meet legally enforced salary requirements

This is all that I can think of off the top of my head although the next task allows me to use existing sources to find out further codes of ethics/conduct that exist in this professional field. 

Lil' Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment